Studio Monitors are integral in creating a great sounding track, this is how you hear what it sounds like when your tune actually physically pushes air and produces sound. If you’re new to the monitor game and are looking to purchase a pair for the first time, I’ve included a few affordable high quality monitors.
If you head over to https://bitsubmit.net/ you can post your tracks and have direct access to promotion companies without all the mess of figuring out how to contact and stumbling through email contacts. Follow BitSubmit on social media where we are giving away packages including speaking monitors, and other audio hardware.
KRK RP5G3 ($155 US, $209 CA) Pair ($313.00, $422.00 CA)
The KRK’s are some of best known monitors on the market, with their widely recognized yellow low frequency drive cone, almost every producer has seen a pair of these at some point. Boasting a 5” Aramid Glass Composite Woofer with a front facing port, this allows much more room to position the monitors either closer or further away from walls. Unfortunately one of the main negatives in comparison to the other monitors we’re looking at is price, and there is a small boost in the bass frequencies (which isn’t ideal considering we want a flat response). KRK’s do have a reputation for making your mixes sound a bit better than they actually are, and oftentimes if I’ve mixed on KRK’s and go to another set of speakers that are flat, I can definitely notice a difference.
- KRK’s ROKIT 5 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitors offer professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback.
- The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter and 5” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 35kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response.
- The proprietary bi-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 106dB.
- The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling to allow flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion.
- Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 5 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration.
Mackie CR Series CR3-3-Inch (Pair) ($96.42 US, 129.99 CA)
When I first heard the Mackie CR Series CR3 I instantly was surprised at the low cost, since they sound far better then the price would lead you to believe. With a decently wide frequency range 80hz to 20khz, and some really useful front features such as an aux input, volume knob, and Bluetooth connectivity which allows you to connect to almost any audio source. Boasting a high quality construction and audio output these monitors seemed to be priced far lower then their worth. BUY THESE.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80 Hz, 20 kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR3-Feet s convenient speaker placement switch
PreSonus Eris E4.5 4.5-inch ($181.00, $244.99 CA)
The PreSonus Eris E4.5 is a great choice for an entry level studio monitor, it’s price point, power usage and frequency response are among some of the best of 2019. Running you about $180 US for the pair, it’s an extremely reasonable cost for all of the features you get. Including an acoustic space switch, this basically allows you to adjust the low,mid and high frequency range response depending on your room or studio space. I found it was useful if a room was highly reflective and I could adjust the mid and high controls, or when I was looking for a bit more sub response I turned off the low end on the monitors and inserted my sub bass speaker instead.
- 4.5 inch woven composite low frequency transducer
- 1 inch (25mm) ultra low mass silk dome high frequency transducer
- 50 watt Class AB amplification (25w/side)
- Acoustic tuning controls for Midrange, HF, High Pass, and Acoustic Space settings for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference output current limiting, over temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
If you head over to https://bitsubmit.net/ you can post your tracks and have direct access to promotion companies without all the mess of figuring out how to contact and stumbling through email contacts.
Automate your entire marketing process so you can spend more time where it matters most – in the studio. No more wasting time searching the internet for promotion. No more sending hundreds of emails to promoters that rarely respond because of their flooded inbox. https://bitsubmit.net/